Monday, March 18, 2013

Mystery Art

I took a mini vacation on Friday and Saturday.  I saw Footloose at Rockford High School Friday night.  No pictures allowed. :-(  But I highly recommend it.  There are still shows this week Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.


And better yet I got to see friends Katie and her daughter, Becca, who was in the musical.  Lots of fun!


Then on to a day of fun Saturday with Sylvia and a pottery and weaving show/sale.  I was so involved touching everything and ooo-ing and ahh-ing that it never occurred to me to take a single picture! Drat!

So I arrived home Saturday evening to find this mysterious "art" in my bathtub!!!


Had Julie danced in my bathtub with dirty boots when checking on the cat while I was gone?  Quite unlikely.  Then, in the drain I found a chunk of charcoal from the wood burner.  What???

And discovered who the artist was...


The one and only Itty-Bitty! The saying is, "When the cat's away, the mice will play."  This seems more like, "When the human is away, the CAT will play!"


I will interpret some of her work since she wouldn't give me any clues as to the meanings of her abstract art.  I see a bird that she often watches outside...


And maybe one or two of the deer who play in her yard...


I think she is getting ready to sign this one.


I tried to get the artist to perform while on camera, but she seemed a little shy with observers.


So, you may ask, "How does a chunk of charcoal from the wood burner in the basement get into the tub upstairs in the bathroom?"  It took me a while to wrap my head around it.  Then I remembered that a week ago I had spread ashes in my driveway to keep from killing myself on the ice.  My pants were covered with ash to where I didn't want to just put them in the wash.  So I rinsed them first.  And since I don't have a utility tub, the bathtub gets used.  I must have had a charcoal chunk caught in my cuff, and it slid into the drain strainer without me noticing.


It's actually quite an interesting canvas to use.  I may have to try it myself before my next bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment