Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Peeps

Yesterday, Julie and I started our day with a project.


We'd already had help from a knowledgeable and strong retreatant, and then Brian came to do more of the heavy work.  Making a plan:


Hard at work:


Now what?

 
Little by little:


On the edge...


Then a good pull by the truck and down she goes!


Finally, the road is open again!  Thank you all!



That was all before noon!  Then Julie and I did a survey of MorningStar land since we could get through the remaining snow with the truck in four-wheel drive, mostly.  We headed to the large labyrinth, but the snow was still over a foot deep  where it had drifted on the road and the consistency of miniature marbles due to the warmth.  So we turned around and came back down to Hobbits' Hut.


A little spiffing up...


Then down to the Peeper Pond. See our Spring Peeper friend?


Now, enjoy the music!


We just rested and listened for quite a while.  Heaven on Earth!  I know we'll still see some snow flurries, but for me, this is Spring for sure!

P.S.  I know it looks like I didn't do any work at all.  Honestly, I didn't do much.  But being the historian with a camera has value too.  Or at least that's what I tell myself!  I hope my fellow workers agree.   ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the story of this adventure! It sounds like it turned out just fine after some great help! I love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos indeed. I can even see the little frog on my telephone's little screen. Looks like he's posing. Probably as honored as I am to be on your blog. Thanks for making more than a memory out of such a busy day. Brian

    ReplyDelete