Thursday, April 5, 2018

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet

This post is especially for the LeRoy Book Club, but all are welcome.

This winter our book club read "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" by Jamie Ford. It takes place mostly in Seattle in 1942 and 1986. I would describe it as a coming of age/first love story with family opposition due to race with the backdrop of WWII and interment camps.


I loved the book for many reasons, but one was that I recognized many of the place names from my previous visits to Seattle. As I said good-bye to my book club friends, I was reminded to go find the Panama Hotel, an important place in the book. Well, today was the day!






I found this tea shop and museum. What a find!


 Every kind of tea imaginable and pastries as well!


I had a wonderful Oolong tea with coconut and a small quiche. Yum!


And the museum...










Those who have read the book will understand the significance of these next two pictures. This first one is a shot into the basement of the hotel.






 It was like reading the book all over again...and I just might!



No comments:

Post a Comment