Sunday, July 29, 2012

Yeay! Blueberries!


My one blueberry bush is quite variable in its yearly production.  Regardless of whether it was planted by previous owners or birds, I am grateful for it.  I only discovered the bush 4 years ago on my land. Before that and the last 2 years when few berries formed, the birds have had them all to themselves.  

This year it was loaded with berries.  I covered it thoroughly with bird netting before any ripened. First picking: 2 quarts with probably one more quart to ripen still on the bush.  After that, I’ll take the bird netting off so the winged-ones can glean.  Sorry, birds, the majority of berries are going in my tummy this year!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful harvest! I know someone who would share with you if she were there. She might even help you pick!

    ReplyDelete