Sunday, December 2, 2012

Farmers' Market in December

We slept in this morning, then headed out after a good breakfast to the Ballard Farmers' Market.  I was curious what we'd see at a December farmers' market.  But Seattle is not Michigan, to be sure!


Even though it was cold, windy, and rainy with snitches of sun occasionally, it was a grand market!


Pumpkins, cabbage, beets, and squash...


Every color and type of kale...


Swiss chard...


Carrots (all colors)...



Leeks and spring mix lettuces...


Brussels sprouts,


Jerusalem artichokes,


All types of garlic,


Every color potatoes...


And apples, pears, plums, and more!  All in December!  All local and fresh!


There were hat and mitten vendors, doughnut vendors, vendors of chocolates and soaps...



honey vendors, meat vendors, and vendors of spicy, dill asparagus, too!


We ate cooked mixed veggies and tamales for lunch, with a side of wood-fired pizza, all prepared right at the market...


and were serenaded the whole while.





Now that might seem like a day-full of activity, but after lunch we went to many open houses in the Magnolia neighborhood.

While I've been here I've noticed how many of these I've seen each day...


Today I counted eight!  This must be the the Westphalia home.  I think of you every time I see one, Elise.

Tomorrow morning I jump on the bus for the last time for this visit and wind my way to the airport to head home to Michigan.  Hard to leave...

No comments:

Post a Comment