Saturday, December 29, 2012

Full Cold Moon

The Winter sky has been lit up each night since Christmas with this slowly approaching full moon.


It has illuminated the snow with an eery blue glow each night as well.


Thursday evening, on the horizon, the moon appeared as a large, translucent peach-colored disk. A wonder to see!  Though I couldn't catch a picture myself, this one is from the vicinity.

James C Veen Observatory in Lowell, MI
The full moon draws me into wakeful nights and a pensive mood.  I am so grateful.  I bask in the blue night glow silence and "pray."

"To pray is to take notice of the wonder, to regain a sense of the mystery that animates all beings, the divine margin in all attainments. Prayer is our humble answer to the inconceivable surprise of living."

--From Quest for God by Abraham Joshua Heschel

1 comment:

  1. I've been as excited as you for the full moon, as it built up leading up to Christmas! I LOVE the quote you included. That fits it perfectly. What a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete