Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Heading Home

So hard to leave...


So lots of good-byes this Monday morning.  Katelyn, Karen, and Todd took off for work and school, and I jammed the last of my stuff in my suitcase, made a lunch to take, and headed for the 75 bus to Northgate.  Then to the 41 express to Westgate and the LINK light rail.


Oops, the payment enforcer was not pleased.  I thought I could tap my pass on board.  Nope, I was supposed to do it on some yellow box in the station.  Oh, well.  She said, "First warning!"  I'm not too worried since I won't be back for a while.

Check in.  Next a walk to the shuttle train... to gate N.


And time to wait for my Alaska Airlines flight.  I saw these planes when I came here and said to myself, "Who the heck is on the tail?"  Looks like Muammar al-Gaddafi to me at least from this side!  That makes no sense! 


Abe Lincoln if I look at the other side of the tail?  No, not quite...


It is an Alaskan Eskimo named "Charley" according to Alaska Airlines, but many people on the net wondered about the two I came up with as well as Johnny Cash, a guy with an Afro, or the cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz!


Onward to Minneapolis!  We had a 125 mph tail wind!  Pilot said we would land 1/2 hour early because of the push.  A break in the clouds...Montana, maybe???


Sunset over South Dakota...

 and Minnesota...

The lights of Minneapolis and St. Paul...


Too dark to see anything more from Minneapolis to Grand Rapids.  A windy, bumpy ride; especially the decent!  Kit and Connie were right there when I landed.  Julie called me soon after I was on the ground and prepared and had left me loving gifts of lights, heat, walnuts, and an orange for when I arrived after midnight.  LeRoy gave me a wet welcome after two weeks of Seattle rain.


Happy kitty...Mom is home!  Time for bed.


I am so grateful to everyone who made this wonderful trip possible for me.  Thank you again everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment