Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Day Away part 2


More from the museum...

However by Clement Meadmore 1998
The children's section is a permanent part of the museum, and I just love it. It is bright with colors and shapes and lots to touch.  Right up my alley!  There are pictures from the Hubble Space telescope, a sound wall where every shape you touch plays a sound, some whimsical, artistic dinosaurs, and a harp with no strings that plays music when you pass your hand through laser beams!


My absolute favorite was the "Elastic Surgery" machine.  You sit in front of a camera, and it produces a "warped" picture using computer to generate the image.  It's a lot like the old fun house mirrors, but you can capture the fun.  Are you ready to laugh?  Say "cheese!"


 But more frightening than all these aliens.... Pregnant at 60! And flat chested to boot!


From "Elastic Surgery" to "Recollections."  This is me...sort of.

 

Here's the explanation:


I had some great videos, but blogger didn't like how big they were, I think.

Part 3 tomorrow...




1 comment:

  1. Mary,

    You had me laughing quite hard with your pictures!
    Loved this!

    ReplyDelete