Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Black Cherry Artwork

This old Black Cherry got roughed up this spring with the heavy snows and high winds we had.  One branch had split and broken partially; a little alive and mostly dead, nearly touching the ground.  Since I had my chainsaw out for other reasons, it seemed timely to remove the branch.
Black Cherry (Prunus serotina)
Here's the fabulous artwork I found once I cut off the branch.

I counted the rings as best as I could and discovered this branch alone was at least 50 years old!  Outrageous!  Looking at and pondering these Black Cherry trees draws me to feelings of strength, faithfulness, steadfastness, and perseverance.  What a gift!  And the intricate beauty of the end cut of the limb led me to cut a slice that I can fashion into an art piece...being that it is already natural art.  Thank you, Mother!

More on Black Cherry Trees

No comments:

Post a Comment