Sunday, September 23, 2012

Wet Wild Weird Weather!

Yesterday, the first official day of Autumn, was one strange weather day.  We started with a beautiful sunrise on a wet world from storms the night before.  That haze you see is actually steam rising from the ground.

Then around 11 am, the sky turned black as it would in winter if we were expecting a blizzard, and there was a downpour.

 Afterward, the sun returned.
 


This was repeated three times and then HAIL!




And sun again...sort of...
 
And today, bright blue skies with not a cloud visible anywhere, for now.



I have lived in the Midwest all my life, so I think my whole being is attuned to the changing seasons that occur here and the tumultuous weather that ensues during the changing of those seasons.  It's a part of me, and I LOVE it!  I am so grateful for the diversity of weather.  Such an amazing mystery!  What will be next?  I suspect an explosion of color!

No comments:

Post a Comment