Saturday, April 8, 2017

Saturday: The Tulip Run and more

The Tulip Run! Everyone partook in the fun of running. 

(My daughter says, "'partook' is not a word." I say it is the past tense of "partake." And, besides, it's my blog, and I can be silly if I want to!)

Travis and I did the 2 mile walk, Karen and Katelyn did the 2 mile run, and Todd did the 5 mile run.


It was bitter cold, raining, and windy. Except for the lack of snow, it could have been Michigan.




Travis was frozen, but absolutely refused to wear anything warmer. There are only so many things one can expend energy arguing about with a three year-old. The wind blew my cap right off during the picture taking!


Then, on to the Tulip Festival. A little early this year and MUD!!!!!




The fun of family pictures...


Karen trying desperately with Todd's help to get a good picture of both kids together.


Not bad!


More cooperative subjects...



Travis was enthralled by the fiddle player.


Beautiful!


Yep, and a bit muddy.


Once home, we were out the door for more activities with friends.


 What the heck? Might as well join the fun.


Besides, my health insurance premiums are paid up, and hospitals are nearby!



No comments:

Post a Comment