Thursday, April 6, 2017

Thursday: Free For All Museum Day

First a three bus trip to school for Katelyn, and then I was off.

Today I went to the Museum of History and Industry, MOHAI. But there was little new since my last visit. Right next to it is the Center for Wooden Boats, so I walked by and looked at what was outside. Then I decided to head instead to the Northwest African-American Museum, NAAM. I have been there before too, but found some new exhibits.

Spirit in Nature by Earline Alston

This is an amazing family tree in a form I hadn't seen before. I'm impressed with how flowing and artistic it is. I might have to try one like this.


Then after a rest to read some of the children's books at the NAAM, I hopped another bus to the Henry Art Gallery on the UW campus. It was closed the day that I had gone to the Burke earlier in the week. I didn't take many pictures there due to picture taking restrictions, but here is my favorite:

Valley of Life with Snake  (acrylic and resin on aluminum mesh)
 And two close-ups of the detail.



Then I headed home, tired from many days of excitement. Crossing the locks, I discovered a very large barge heading in from the Puget Sound. Very cool!



A little green smoothie before bed...




Books, and snuggles, and bed. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment