Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 3 - Blackberries, Neat Loaf, and Noodles

Today was rainy. It IS Seattle, after all. I took off for the PCC Natural Market to get ingredients for some of our cooking. When I changed buses, I waited along the roadside and discovered ripe BLACKBERRIES the size of my whole thumb growing wild.


I was so glad I had 20 minutes to wait for the next bus even if it was raining.


I filled my belly and boarded the bus. After shopping, I stopped at a favorite restaurant, Silence-Heart-Nest, which specializes in fresh, local vegetarian foods. I spent a meditative hour or more pondering their many cards and enjoying a small portion of vegetarian meatloaf, "Neat Loaf", with mushroom gravy.


Then on to Katelyn's preschool for a visit. We had a great time making playdough food, cooking and serving it. Earlier in the day, they had made real pasta in the kitchen. So before we left, we all got to taste their product. YUM! My camera got on some unusual settling, but yes, their teacher does move this fast with a room full of 3 to 5 year olds!


The fruit of one's own handiwork...


I will let this card speak my truth...


No comments:

Post a Comment