Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 9 - Preschool and more

The day started with some cat petting. These are my buddies while I am here, Captain and Cocoa...


Especially, Captain, who I call the bone cat. He's so old and bony, but still agile and seems to be in no pain.  I was sure I'd said goodbye to him for the last time back in November, but no, he's still with us. He's very demanding about being petted, and makes sure he's right there every time I sit down.


Then off to preschool for an adventure. We all took a walk to PCC Natural Market and talked about all we saw...¡en Español!


La leche, huevos, queso, pan, manzanas, melóns,


y floras!



Next we walked past the vent for a big building. We felt the wind (viento).


We waited for the carro...


And crossed the street...rápido, rápido... (Quickly, quickly) Hold the rope...  


We saw un barco grande... (a big boat)


y un barquito! (a little boat)


We even saw the bridge open for dos barcos de la vela. (two sailboats)


The outing was so fun... and I am grateful that I am not the all day keeper for 6 preschoolers!

I left before lunchtime and started walking home. I decided that if I got hungry, I would stop at one of the many restaurants available... Mexican, Thai, raw, sandwich shoppes, tacos, burgers, you name it! I decided on Thai.  Golden Cashew Nut. Yum! And nicely spicy!


Then a little sight seeing. Downtown Ballard's strange sculptures.


and a very large, very cool working crane!


Wouldn't it be a blast to be up there!?!


Then on to a farmers' market in Queen Anne with my daughter, Karen. Did you know that it is National Farmers' Market Week? We have done a good job of checking out most of them in the area this week!


Do you need some peppers?


Beautiful flowers?


Or maybe the strangest looking cucumbers ever?


Then we picked up Katelyn from school and went to a playground, of course.




Home to dinner and bed. I will sleep like a rock!


No comments:

Post a Comment