Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Visit to School

Today I got to visit Katelyn at daycare (but she calls it school.)  I took the bus and got there around 10 am.  They were just finishing playing and were beginning to get ready to go outside for a walk when I arrived.

Two teachers and 8 children between the ages of 2 and 3 and I all went to the asphalt factory to see the big diggers at work.  It was grand.  The kids were so good about holding onto a large rope and walking together.  The front end loader was filling a large dump truck and then a small pickup.  The kids just squealed when the digger started beeping as it backed up.

We walked back, had a snack, and they asked for music.  Teacher Trudy took out her flute and they all danced and sang and played instruments.




Then I got to share a book with anyone who would sit still for a few minutes.  Soon it was time for lunch and time for me to leave.  A great way to spend a couple more hours than usual with Katelyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment