Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Into the City - Alone!

Subtitle:  "I once was lost, but now am found..."

Today, Karen and Todd went to work, Katelyn went to school  and I took a bus adventure into the city, as Katelyn would say, "All by myself!"

A bumpy ride

I took the 75 to the hub, but should have gone to the transfer station.  Then took the 70, but should have taken the 49, so had to transfer to the 10 which was 2 blocks away, but I walked the wrong way so it was 6 blocks (2 the wrong way, 2 back to point A, then 2 in the right direction!)  But check out the results...

The Cascades

Mt. Rainier
These were taken from the old water tower in Volunteer Park.  Then I discovered the conservatory.


Pitcher plants

These are so bizarre as to look unreal: maybe human made with plastic.




Then on to the arboretum.  Really, really tall!

Ponderosa Pine
This one has baffled me since I arrived here.  Obviously a White Birch, yet not a paper birch.  It's an European White Birch.

European White Birch
Yet the best at the arboretum was the ducks.  They were very friendly and seemed to like coming close to have their pictures taken.


And they had quite a bit to say as well...


Then it was time to head home.  Bus 43 in the wrong direction for a mile, then off the bus, cross the street, and get on the 43 in the right direction.  Get off to transfer at the wrong place and walk in circles at U of W for 20 minutes.  Then on to the 75 and home without incident.  I think the buses will get easier with a little practice.  I'm just grateful that there are buses ('cause I sure couldn't walk or bicycle it all) and lots of helpful people to keep pointing me in the right direction...repeatedly.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment