Sunday, November 25, 2012

Seaweed


Yesterday we were on Whidbey Island and I delighted in the varied seaweed that had washed up on the beaches.  Since I am not a marine biologist, having spent my 60 years wrapped around the Great Lakes, I'll just share my awe of the diversity I found. The awe is far more important to me than any naming anyway.


A giant, rubbery tube thing with big brown-green leaves at the air bladder end.  I found another that was at least 40 feet long.  The end that connected to the seabed was only as thick as a pencil!


Unbelievable variety: colors, shapes, textures!









I could sit and listen to this all day...but that is not an option with a 2-1/2 year old.


We had a great time on Saturday, and today we went Sunday house hunting, grocery shopping, and to the Issaquah City park for a picnic lunch and playtime.


Where shall we go next?


No comments:

Post a Comment