Monday, November 26, 2012

Into the City - Together!

Katelyn has been asking for days if it was a school day, so even though Karen and Todd took the day off to play in the city with me, Katelyn went into the city to school!


Then the three of us went to breakfast at a vegetarian spot called Silence-Heart-Nest.  It was wonderful food and atmosphere.  They had little cards to choose and ponder. These were some of my favorites.


Next, to the Center of the Universe!  Didn't know that was in Seattle. :-)


The Fremont Bridge Troll.  Big, huh?


The Space Needle. This was an important visit for me.  I really remember seeing pictures of  the 1962 World's Fair in Seattle, and I was so impressed with the Space Needle and the monorail.  On the year of its 50th anniversary, I get to see it for the first time in person! And I rode the monorail, too.


Then to the outside sculptures.





The Eagle by A. Calder

Watched some cheese making...


and hugged the pig at the Pike Place Fish Market.


And last but not least, we went to the Theo Chocolate Factory: organic, fair trade, delicious!

A cocoa pod
Cocoa beans

The tallest green vat had over 3 tons of liquid chocolate in it!  I was high on just the smell.


Once we were well wired on chocolate samples, we went to pick up Katelyn from daycare.  I got to meet her teacher and play a while with Katelyn and friends with clay.


An excellent day!  I am grateful to be here and have time with my family and some new experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment