Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Power of One

 
I hope you have too...even if your vote cancels mine.

Helen Keller wrote, "I am only one, but still I am one.  I cannot do everything but still I can do something.  Because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

I so resonate with this quote in every aspect of my life.  Some people are called to a single life-long focus; a great work.  I feel that I have been called to a few "smaller" great works:  raising my children, caring for my father at his death and his estate thereafter, staying committed to caring for/tending MorningStar through its many transitions these last 10 or so years.  None of them a life-long call, but each very clearly to me truly a call; little great works.  "I am only one, but I am still one."

No comments:

Post a Comment