Wednesday, April 6, 2016

A Long Walk in Discovery Park

Wednesday, alternating overcast to sunny and warm. A perfect day for a walk. Discovery Park is only a few blocks from the house.


I entered the park on the main road and walked all the way to the South Beach and the point. It is NOT flat! Then I wound my way to the north and exited, 2-1/2 hours later, at the northern road.


The Olympics were especially gorgeous this afternoon.



The bluffs down to the South Beach.


One of the many very mossy trees deep on the pathway.


Puget Sound, South Beach of Discovery Park looking at Mt. Rainier. Enjoy a meditative moment with me at the water's edge...


Now for a little beach art. When I started, the spot was dry. But with the tide coming in and a few boats going by, my art was soon fully wet.


Though hard to see, this little chipmunk was collecting and eating tree blossoms from the very ends of the branches. He/she was too busy to stop and pose for me. So I headed toward home.





No comments:

Post a Comment