Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Mary's Solo Bike Adventure and Farewells

Monday I headed out by bike to the Center for Wooden Boats. I took the Ship Canal Trail all the way to the south end of Lake Union.


Some of the sights... a train crossing the railroad bridge...


Distant bridges...


A cool seaplane that landed as I was taking a rest.


A goose surprise at the same rest stop.


BABIES!!!!!


 Here we are.


Most were boats from recent times, but I was delighted to find this boat, a Haida canoe, and most of all meet its carver, Saaduuts. (There should be a line above the a's and u's, but I don't know how to tell my computer to do that.)



He was getting ready to take it out just as I arrived. He said he and the boat go out on the lake every day "so we stay connected."


I also met this totem near another boat that was being made.


Then it was time to head back toward home. Back up along the ship canal near the locks,


over the railroad tracks


on the people bridge, and home.


An excellent adventure.

Today has been cleaning and packing, visiting with Greg once the kids were all out the door, and preparing dinner for the gang so I can spend every precious minute with them from the time they get home until I head to the airport tonight to fly home. A wonderful visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment