Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Little trips

On Monday I took a little trip over to Fremont to my favorite restaurant, Silence-Heart-Nest. They are mission based to provide excellent vegetarian and vegan food and a meditative atmosphere to provide balance in mind and body for the busy Fremont and University District.


I appreciate their little thought cards as much as the food. They also have a video loop of  Sri Chinmoy creating his paintings that are displayed on the cards and meditative music.


I took a good walk and enjoyed many bus rides.

Tuesday, I was home until noon just relaxing and cooking up some granola for the gang. Then I decided to head downtown as I had heard that the main Seattle Public Library was something to see. Wow! Absolutely!


The views from the inside were as impressive as the outside!






It is an 11 story building and every floor is BOOKS! A gigantic library. The middle floors simply spiral one to the next with the stacks to the outside of the spiral. The kids section alone is far bigger than my house! Katelyn has agreed that this should be one of our adventures next week. She and I will be on our own during her spring break week as Mom and Dad have work and Travis will be in daycare except for Friday. GraMary is out of practice being the adult caregiver for a 6 year old all day every day, but I will rise to the occasion! I will call on the "Fountain of Wisdom."

The Fountain of Wisdom

A fun picture of some public art across the street from the bus stop. Always blooming!


And the largest rosemary plant I have ever seen anywhere. It is taller than I am! I may only be 5'3", but that's still enormous for a rosemary plant in my book.


No comments:

Post a Comment