Sunday, August 5, 2012

Happy!

I had an excellent birthday! Phone calls (2 duet renditions of "Happy Birthday to You"), email, text message, and a Skype visit from friends and relatives, a gathering hosted by Julie for myself and two other friends, one whose birthday is a day before mine, cards from friends and family.  All in all, contacts from 24 people in the last couple of days. And some simple, fun gifts of a peacock feather, hand-knitted body cloth and soap, hospitality for an overnight in Grand Rapids, and a big bowl of watermelon!

Julie set a beautiful table and fed us a scrumptious meal.  We had plenty of time to relax and catch up with each other. This picture isn't perfect, but it captures what delighted my eye most: the brilliant yellow flowers with fresh green accents against an amazingly blue vase. Thank you, Julie!



I received hand print cards from my granddaughter, Katelyn, and daughter, Karen.  How fun! And another from Karen that reminds me, "Today is the day. Make it yours!" but, I believe in celebrating at least the whole month of August. And being that it's my 60th, maybe I should celebrate all year?!?



Another great card from Julie with many good suggestions! I actually practiced a number of them today!


So here is my mystery for the day: Even though I know through and through that I have this loving support at all times from my friends and family, I can still go through times of feeling lonely, unsupported, and unloved. I think everyone does. That is a real mystery to me, how my feelings can be so far afield sometimes from my reality.  I am grateful that today my feelings match my reality.  I know and feel that I am loved and supported by many.  Thank you all for all the wonderful reminders.  I'll check back and re-read this day's blog the next time I fall into the lonely/unloved/unsupported pit.  I bet it will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment