Wednesday, April 3, 2019

A Day with Karen, also Katelyn's B-day!

My daughter and I started the day with dropping kids at school, then to breakfast at a favorite vegetarian restaurant: Silence-Heart-Nest.


Eggs Florentine! Yum!

Then on to Goodwill and Value Village and a sports gear exchange store.

And then, a walk in Discovery Park!




Look out! It's the wild tree hugger!

Western Skunk Cabbage
Lots of it!


And, Hooray! Trillium!


Giant, aged stumps of Western Cedar.


Once we were home, I had my exercises to do. Too much cat help! Cocoa was biting my hair!


And after, we picked up the kids from school and did some grocery shopping, Travis helped me with my resistance exercises.



And now, the pinnacle of the day, for Katelyn, at least...
Nine years old!


She had ordered Caesar salad and "bratwurst cooked outside" for her birthday dinner.


On to opening packages with much determination.


Lego shark set. She LOVES sharks!


A junior cross stitch project just like her Mom did around the same age.


New shorts. I think she likes them!


 And another Lego set for creating Rube Goldberg-type machines.


Happy 9th birthday, Katelyn!


No comments:

Post a Comment