Sunday, April 14, 2019

Yurt Camping at Kayak Point

We left for camping as soon as Todd and I got back from our morning appointments. 
Four families from Katelyn's class were gathering for this adventure. Off we go!



We arrived in a short while at Kayak Point.
Here's our yurt!


Actually, quite spacious. Very important to have the top bunk.


And since Emily's family could not come until Saturday, Travis and I had permission to use their yurt. That way both Travis and Katelyn got top bunks!

Moving in...


Then out for our first hike. So beautiful!




The kid found an elaborate structure someone had build. Taking turns in the special chair was hard.


Katelyn and I found clay slabs on the beach which had broken off the cliff wall.



I used a couple of them for a little nature art along with shells I had found.


Time for a little play in the hammock. Oops, our butts were dragging!



Not so saggy with just one.


But Mr. Wild almost threw himself out on his head!


Tommy and his Mom arrived. She made a wonderful stir fry, then Todd started a fire for the s'mores.


Oh, yeah!


And a little ride/walk to burn off dinner and dessert.


Beautiful sunset through the trees. I didn't have the energy to hike back down to the beach this night.


Travis was already slowing down for bed by coloring his Junior Ranger booklet.


Then the grownups took a little bit to enjoy the fire after dark.


Saturday morning. Do you think that I look cold? I only had a tee shirt, two sweatshirts, and a rain jacket on and I was bouncing up and down drinking hot chocolate! You'd think that I hadn't just come from a Michigan winter! But I'll tell you the truth, the dampness will get you.


Here's more of the gang huddled together before breakfast.


Then Emily's family arrived! More fun!



And then Sara and Charlie's family. We're all here!


Rest time for Travis. See who's resting most?


The fire keepers got to work in the rain so we could cook...


HOTDOGS!
And later, more s'mores, of course!


Another gorgeous sunset, and this night I was willing to go down and up the 91 steps to the beach.


complete with a rainbow and bald eagle.



Sunday morning it was chilly, so all the kids played inside a while pancakes and bacon were being made.


Then another walk


and some tree hugging on my part, as usual.


And a snack which turned into a full blown lunch just before we all left.


Home Sunday evening and playing a few games.



So tired after all that fun. 
Cocoa was glad to have us all home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment