Friday, April 12, 2019

A Silly Start on Friday

The kids both had Friday off of school, and Karen and Todd took off work too. Todd had a dentist appointment and I had an appointment at the Ballard NW Senior Center which is across the locks from their house. The kids gave me a send off by walking with me to the end of the block. Bye!


As I approached the locks, there was this seagull who was in no hurry to fly away. So I started taking his/her picture, seeing how close it would let me get.





And soon it was talking to the others who were flying over the canal:



I was so intent taking the video, that I did not think about the fact that I was standing right under the Heron rookery. Watch the video again and listen for the splat near the end, and how the gull looks at me quizzically. Thank goodness I was wearing a raincoat! Oh, I stank like fish!

Is being bombed with Heron poop some sort of blessing? Yes, the blessing of being immersed in nature, literally!

I wiped off as much as I could with the one tissue I had on me and continued across the locks. Ten boats at once today! And on to the Senior Center.



Once I got back home, the next adventure began...





No comments:

Post a Comment