Monday, April 1, 2019

Rest and the Ballard NW Senior Center

After many days of very-busyness, I needed a slow morning. I did all my exercises, showered, and got caught up on my finances. THEN I took a walk.


Through the "secret passage" to the heron rookery.


Past the sea birds...


And on to the locks where the workers were busy,


and a large boat was getting pushed through the lock by a tug.


This was my first visit to this senior center. I found women beading, people working on computers, and three women playing Scrabble. After visiting a bit, one woman needed to catch the shuttle bus, so they commandeered me to finish the game with them. Lots of fun!


Heading home, back over the locks, I met a man giving Spanish lessons to anyone willing to engage with him! How cool!


Tomorrow is a "Katelyn Day"! I think the Seattle Main Library is on our agenda. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment